The iLs Applications for Autism Specialists is a 2-hour interactive webinar-based training. It is for professionals working with children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. The goal is to provide more specific instruction and guidance to those who are using iLs with this population. A learner is considered having successfully completed the course after participation in the 2-hour webinar and submission of a completed quiz with a passing score. Partial credit will not be provided.
In this training you will be introduced to:
- Symptoms which iLs can help improve in an individual with autism
- Methods for customizing an iLs program for individual needs
- Instruction for combining iLs with other methods, such as behavioral and relationship-based programs
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded two continuing education contact hours and be able to:
- Outline the three levels of support based on functional abilities
- Name two options for preparing a child with tactile sensitivity to wear headphones
- Describe two differences between a program with a child who requires Level 1 support versus a child who requires Level 3 support
iLs is an American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
iLs is an International Institute of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standard; Certified Autism Specialist Credential approved provider.