Take an in-depth look at the VoicePro and iLs Interactive Language Program (ILP), including how to use the equipment and how to integrate the ILP with iLs Focus and Pro Systems protocols. The VoicePro works to develop clear speech and language skills for optimal communication and focuses on language exercises designed to help children and adults with various auditory processing and functional language skills. Training includes how to use the equipment and how to integrate the VoicePro with iLs Focus and iLs Pro programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Set up and use VoicePro equipment: amplifier, bone conduction headset with built-in microphone, microphone and auditory processing activities loaded onto the iPod Touch.
- Integrate the functional language activities of the VoicePro into their practice as well as with other iLs equipment (the iLs Focus and/or Pro System).
- Explain how sound, movement and visual tracking are combined as one program
- Explain how to implement sound, movement and visual tracking in one session with a client
Course Content & Objectives
- Understanding the key elements that inform iLs methodology
- Reviewing relevant neuro-anatomy of the ear, brain and nervous system
- Hands-on practicum for the auditory, visual and balance components of the VoicePro
- Case study practice in VoicePro programs
- Review of clinical assessment tools for program selection
iLs is an American Occupational Therapy Association Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
iLs is an International Institute of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standard; Certified Autism Specialist Credential approved provider.