Carol Garner-Houston is a pediatric occupational therapist with 22 years of experience in treating childhood disorders without pharmaceuticals. She co-founded an incredible company called Brain Harmony, which specializes in up and coming technology that improves the brain’s neuroplasticity, or ability to change, through the experienced hands of occupational therapists.
Brain Harmony has provided life-changing interventions for children with sensory and auditory processing disorders in their clinics, in schools, and in homes nationwide, and they can work with clients long distance. At the core of their approach is a low-resistance technique (translation: painless and not scary to kids) that delivers dramatic results just through sound waves that retrain and work the brain in very specific ways. The results? Life-changing!
If you have a child who struggles with attention and learning, speech and communication, stress or sleep, or even who is on the autism spectrum, this is an episode you won’t want to miss.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the body systems that control attention and behavior in children
- Brain Harmony tools and techniques for retraining connections in the brain (and what the inner ear has to do with it)
- the importance of the vagus nerve and how to optimize it
- how simple movements can help rewire the brain
- the ways sound and light can change how the brain works
- why the vestibular system is so important (and how to improve its function)
- the reason to limit technology that you’ve probably never thought of
- and more!
This interview originally appeared on Wellness Mama Podcast.