Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] to apply!
We are in search of someone with a can-do attitude, who can think outside of the box, and who is proactive and detail-oriented, to prepare key financial reporting & analysis for Unyte. You would be a big part of advancing the mandate of the Finance function to streamline new and existing processes including championing key business transformation activities to enhance reporting and business insights in support of high-quality and timely decision-making within Unyte.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with cross-functional teams including Strategy, Product, Sales, Marketing, Technology and Customer Experience. This is an incredible opportunity to make an impact and be part of a purpose-driven company that is making an important difference in people’s lives.
This position is 100% remote with other Finance team members located in Toronto/GTA.
Some key responsibilities you would be performing:
- Prepare and close the monthly financial results and budgeting including KPIs, budget-to-actuals, and related reporting to the leadership team, investors and our Board;
- Perform and review analyses of business performance to support decision making, financial results, and strategic initiatives by working closely with other business groups (i.e. budgeting, pricing, cash flow analysis/management and sales performance);
- Champion process changes across the business to enhance financial and operational control and information quality as we scale;
- Prepare high-quality working paper files to support monthly entries around revenues, inventory/COGS, royalty fees, AR, interest, and other significant FSLIs;
- Participate in and provide information key to the completion of monthly sales tax compliance, along with external service providers where applicable;
- Prepare information to support annual and interim audit requests;
- Oversee smooth execution in day-to-day processes like treasury and accounts payable;
- Mentor and support team staff and contribute to their skill development;
- Other support as required
Key requirements & attributes that will help you succeed in this role:
- Completed CPA designation and minimum of 4 years experience working in accounting and finance
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (ASPE is an asset) with strong knowledge and comfort with financial analysis (and Excel!)
- Solutions-oriented with great judgment – you have fun solving complex problems with minimal guidance, and can do so cross-functionally
- Exceptional time management and a love to complete tasks on time (you get stuff done)
- Strong attention to detail and are motivated by the idea of producing high-quality work that others trust
- Interpersonal and communication skills so effective everyone enjoys working with you
- Experience and familiarity with KPIs and data visualization tools
- Guiding and mentoring others is important to you
- Bonus if you have an understanding of, and a passion for health, wellness and mindfulness industries
- Experience working in a fully remote environment is also a bonus
- Desire to laugh, have fun, and celebrate others
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Unyte, we are more interested in who you are as a person than whether your past experiences align perfectly to the job description. It is your excitement for the role and desire to make a positive impact while bringing your authentic self to the workplace that interests us.
Our Commitment To You
Our goal at Unyte is to develop a suite of effective mind-body solutions to guide tens of millions of people to happier, healthier and more meaningful lives. In order to achieve this, we believe in creating a culture where our employees can feel the same. A fun, caring, safe, inclusive, diverse and mindful workplace is our commitment to our employees.
We do this by attracting those who want to be a part of a company at the leading edge of the health technology industry. Our employees are empowered to create and innovate, have clear ownership of problems and solutions, and are encouraged to take care of themselves as much as they take care of others.
When you join Unyte you will receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package – as you would expect. But in addition, you will receive:
- Flexible vacation (PTO). We believe that taking breaks are necessary to your well-being.
- Group meditation sessions if this is your jam.
- Flexible work hours and 100% remote. We do make an effort to meet in-person to connect and have fun, though.
- A start-up energy, but with actual work-life balance and a mindful culture.
We also believe in living our values so they should align with yours. At Unyte we:
- Ask how can I help
- Do what matters
- Move forward, learn by doing
- Are aware, open-minded and responsible
We help transform the lives of children and adults everyday by empowering therapists, educators, clinicians and healthcare providers to guide their clients to feel better, think better, and connect better through improved nervous system regulation.
This is achieved through our therapeutic tools like the Safe and Sound Protocol, a non-invasive listening therapy used by mental health and neurodevelopmental professionals, such as psychotherapists, social workers and occupational therapists, to help clients with conditions such as trauma, anxiety, autism, ADHD and chronic pain to live more aware, regulated and resilient lives. To learn more please visit https://unyte.com
If you are interested in being considered for this position and growing your career with Unyte, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We thank you for your interest in joining Unyte, however, only those best suited for the position will be contacted.