The Safe & Sound Protocol (SSP): A Portal to Social Engagement Training Course is an on-demand course that includes lectures from Dr. Stephen Porges and Dr. Keri Heilman, as well as information on including the SSP in your practice. For you convenience, the course can be taken from any location, and does not have to be completed all at once.
Developed by Dr. Stephen Porges, the Safe & Sound Protocol (SSP) is a five-day intervention designed to reduce stress and auditory sensitivity while enhancing social engagement and resilience. By calming the physiological and emotional state, the door is opened for improved communication and more successful therapy.
Upon completion of the Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) Course, you will be able to:
- Explain the role of the Polyvagal Theory in regulation
- Identify appropriate candidates for the SSP
- Create an appropriate environment for delivery of the SSP
- Integrate the SSP within your existing practice
- Assess and document responses of your clients
Successful completion of The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) training course is required before ordering the SSP system which is offered on a subscription basis.
The SSP is available to professionals only. For ways you can use the SSP at home, please call 303-741-4544.