In this episode Joanne chats with Occupational Therapist Tracy Stackhouse.
Podcast Highlights Include:
- Using the language of the window of tolerance or river of integration to help describe the ebb and flow, expansion, or contraction of our autonomic state and relationship to behavioral states of regulation or dysregulation
- Explaining the “R’s”of regulation
- Exploring what is optimal adaptation
- The importance of developing deep observation skills or listening skills in the postural system, voice, body language, facial expression
- What is the Social-Motor system?
- How Co-Regulation is key to providing the Safe before and during the Sound for SSP delivery
- The importance of developing a comprehensive clinical plan for SSP success the SpIRiT model for reasoning and intervention planning