Reports to: Head of Finance
Contact: Please send an email and resume to [email protected] if you are interested
Unyte’s mission is to create and acquire a suite of effective neural or mind-body solutions that will guide tens of millions of people to happier, healthier and more meaningful lives. Unyte’s initial offering via its first acquisition was an “interactive meditation” product that matches biofeedback technology with immersive digital experiences, making meditation easy to learn, engaging and effective (www.unyte.com). In 2019, Unyte added to its product suite by acquiring Integrated Listening Systems (iLs), a neurotechnology company that integrates auditory, movement and cognitive exercises to improve nervous system and brain function (www.integratedlistening.com). Since the beginning of COVID-19, the team has connected and worked 100% remotely but also has physical offices in Toronto and Denver. Unyte is backed by the Canadian Business Growth Fund, a Canadian private equity investor.
Sr. Collections Specialist (3-mo Contract)
We are in search of an experienced collections specialist who is proactive, personable, and documentation-oriented, to help Unyte achieve its financial goals. The Sr. Collections Specialist will be responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the client, and then executing their plan to balance revenue optimization with a positive customer experience.
This person should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness, excellent communication skills, and an ability to problem-solve where the answer isn’t always readily available. This person must strike the balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments, while also assisting in providing input to continuously improve elements of the collections process. If successful, this work assignment has the potential to lead to a longer-term engagement or full-time position with Unyte.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to growing a purpose-driven company that is making an important difference in people’s lives.
- Monitor accounts for customer subscriptions and other product purchases using company tools to identify and flag outstanding balances in a timely manner;
- Research each overdue account using company records and systems to plan and execute on effective approach for each customer;
- Conduct custom collections campaigns on each client that consist of both phone call and email communications;
- Develop and raise insightful suggestions to continuously improve collections methods that will support the achievement of collections targets;
- Work closely with supporting team members from various groups to create ways to bring in revenue and find success as a group;
- Solve problems quickly and create resolutions that bring in revenue on a regular basis;
- Document account progress in a timely manner including all relevant notes and information;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly collections results and metrics to assist the leadership team in making strategic decisions;
- Act as an information resource regarding customer accounts to adjacent teams within the organization such as customer success, finance and sales;
- Other support as required
- 3+ years of collections experience dealing directly with customers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles and get results
- Computer savvy, able to navigate customer order systems; knowledge of Zendesk is an asset
- Ability to work independently towards the achievement of targets
- Reliable, personable and critical thinker
- Understanding of and passion for health, wellness and mindfulness industries is a plus
- An opportunity to work with an experienced leadership team and a proven product portfolio (10+ years of history) to significantly impact people’s lives and wellbeing.
- You’ll be empowered to create and innovate and be given clear ownership of problems and solutions in a progressive, positive, mission-driven work environment. .
- Since the beginning of COVID-19, our team has worked and connected 100% remotely leveraging digital tools and systems to virtually see each other, collaborate and socialize. We will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Is This You? Unyte Core Values:
- Asks how can I help?
- Start with listening
- Approaches with genuine mindset and tone
- Makes others feel valued
- Understands different perspectives
- Does what matters
- Seeks to ask and understand why
- Bias for purposeful action
- On time + prepared, brief + clear
- Moves forward, learns by doing
- Speaks up, ask questions with thoughtful intent
- Is proactive
- Is open to new things, fail and learn
- How might we: views problems as opportunities
- Is aware, open-minded and responsible
- Includes the right people at the right time
- Engages others with interest, enthusiasm and joy
- If you see something, say something