Brain or body?
Lasting change comes
from aligning both.
Two Proven Programs That Are Better Together: Safe and Sound Protocol and the Focus System
The SSP and Focus System are two of Unyte-iLs’ leading multisensory programs to help guide every person to train their nervous system to be more aware, regulated and resilient.
While professionals and their clients have traditionally leveraged the SSP or Focus System independently, recent insights from healthcare professionals and their clients have demonstrated that the true strength and power for building a safe foundation from within and accelerating lasting change is pairing them together.
Help clients feel better, think better and connect better.
Through “neural solutions” or mind-body tools our brain and body connection becomes more organized, and we better process the world around us. We can learn how to:
Respond effectively to life’s challenges. “Respond vs. react”, replacing emotionally-charged reactivity with controlled responsiveness and resilience.
Access higher learning and cognition. Learn and retain important facts and concepts that enable greater confidence and societal contribution.
Build positive social relationships. Develop relationships and truly connect with others.
Wellbeing starts with the nervous system
Leverage the combined power and benefits of the SSP and Focus System that are two of Unyte-iLs’ leading multisensory programs helping to transform the lives of children, youth and adults around the world.
Safe and Sound Protocol: Reset and regulate the nervous system
- Nurture trust from the start with a non-intrusive bottom-up approach to help facilitate an environment of safety and co-regulation.
- An invitation to regulate and open up the neural pathways with a multisensory listening program to prepare for deeper work and higher level executive functioning.
- Extend your relationship and sessions across both clinic and remote through an app based digital platform.
- Maximize session time in a regulated state and lay the groundwork for other therapies.
Focus System: Organize, build resilience and capacity
- Picks up where SSP leaves off by doing the hard work to improve fine gross motor and higher level executive and cognitive functioning.
- Improve brain and body function and organization through simultaneous sound and movement.
- Bone conduction helps facilitate emotional regulation and sense of ‘grounding’ that encourages more focused body coordination and learning.
- Accelerate and achieve longer lasting benefits and improved confidence.
- Maximize session and personal effort by engaging clients both in-clinic and independently (guided with support)
How to Get Started
Get certified with the SSP + FS Training bundle only $299
Choose your SSP subscription package + purchase or rent the Focus System
The nervous system, neuroplasticity, and Polyvagal Theory
Scientific advancements have helped us better understand how the nervous system and brain work and have given us greater insight into what’s happening in the minds and bodies of those who struggle. The notion that the brain is able to change in response to stimulation, an ability known as “neuroplasticity,” is now so widely accepted it can be called fact.
Polyvagal Theory or the “science of feeling safe,” is another one of the key research advancements that helps us better understand our challenges and gives us a foundational framework for non-invasive ways to support them.
Ana do Valle, OTR, SEP
Ana do Valle is a sensory-based occupational therapist who combines the SSP with Somatic Experiencing in her trauma therapy with children and their families, as well as adults.