The Body Perception Questionnaire (BPQ) is a tool developed by Dr. Stephen W. Porges to assess body awareness and autonomic nervous system (ANS) reactivity. It has been used as a clinical assessment and research tool for nearly 30 years and can be used to:
- Measure body awareness, autonomic reactivity, and even intervention efficacy;
- Communicate results with clients when administered before and after treatment;
- Help your clients understand their body awareness and connect physical occurrences to emotional response and more
Administer this assessment to both adults and children in person, over the phone, or print it out for clients to complete at home and return at their next session. It can be used often or as needed.
More Available with Unyte Assessments
Easily and intuitively administer, track, and access client assessments digitally, and directly in MyUnyte! This tool includes assessments such as:
- Brain Body Center (BBC) Sensory Scales
- Body Perception Questionnaire (BPQ)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder-7 (GAD-7)
- Neuroception of Psychological Safety Scale (NPSS)
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9)
- PTSD Checklist for DSM-V (PCL-5)
- And more!